Liebfrauenkirche – The Church of Our Lady
At the highest point in Bitburg, next to the City Hall, is Liebfrauenkirche – The Church of Our Lady. Hidden in her walls, are remains of various architectural periods. Originally of Romanesque architecture, the church has gone through numerous transformations due to Bitburg’s volatile history. As Bitburg‘s population grew, further extensions were made in the 15th and 16th centuries. In 1922/23, an addition was built in the Neo-baroque style on the southern side of the church. A reproduction of the Luxembourger Madonna adorns the High Altar.