The most important building in Kyllburg is the collegiate church, located at the highest point of the ridge surrounded by the Kyll River. It was built in three major construction periods. From 1276 to the end of the 13th century, Archbishop Heinrich II built the choir and the two adjoining vaulted bays. At the end of the 14th century, the construction of the nave and the west facade began. Local sandstone was used for this purpose. The holes in the sandstone ashlars show where elevator tongs were used during construction. In the third and last building period, which falls in the first quarter of the 16th century, the collegiate cathedral was built. The most valuable furnishings of the church sid the Renaissance stained glass windows donated in 1533/34, depicting biblical scenes and the two foundersJacob and Bernard. The cloister with a number of tombstones is considered one of the most beautiful between Trier and the monastery of Maria-Laach.